Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ending The Knife Words

I am ready for the knife words to stop.
I am ready for my heart to end her aching,
For my mind to calm, to collect itself.
I am ready to be okay,
For you to be okay.

There comes a time when you have to stop running,
Or face the regret of doing nothing
For the rest of your life.

There aren't many things more devastating,
More heart breaking,
Than realizing that you should have done something,
That you COULD have done something.
That wasted months could be forgotten
And forgiven
In less than a heart beat.

Now there is good news:

You still can.

My heart wants to forget
and forgive
Everything.
She wants to be free
To move on,
To write a new song
And share it with her world.

With you?

But she can't.
Not until pride is set aside,
Until you forgive her
For caring.
For being too sensitive to your words
Too obsessed with the things
You MIGHT be thinking.

There will be no flight until all the pain,
All the hurt,
All the agony,
Is fogiven and forgotten.
Until it's all released into yesterday,
And breath is finally given
To tomorrow.

End the knife words.
End the sadness.
End my nonexistance.
Let me exist in your world,
And I promise:

Everything will be okay.

2 comments:

  1. BRAH. VOH!!

    That was pretty much brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're pretty much rockin for reading it :D

    ReplyDelete