Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Across A Page

Dancing notes
Cover a page
They challenge me
To take the Stage
To shine my light
Across the sea
And try to be all I can be

A sudden hush
Falls over the crowd
As the intro starts
That silence is loud
It makes a roaring
In my ears
It makes me want to disappear

As my entrance comes
I take that breath
I realize that I'll make it yet
More than that, I can win
Show them all who to put faith in

To lead with words
With music and voice
Can't turn back now
I have no choice

I think to that music
Dancing over the page
And remember how
To take the stage

I think to the way it made me feel
And decide that what I share will be real
I want them all to know what it means
Those words and emotions, flowing with ease
As if I'm the writer I begin my song
And the message I'm sending can't go wrong

I forget the faces,
The silence,
The nerves
I hear nothing but music
See nothing but words
I know they feel
What I'm feeling now
As I dance with the music
Making it proud

Dancing notes
cover a page
They challange me
To take the stage
To share my light
And strive to become
Someone who shares
That music that loves

No comments:

Post a Comment