Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bring On

Bring on the memories

Biting at my mind

They burn me and they turn me

As I search and try to find

A reason or a solace

For me to find escape

From the worries

And the stress

That daily life creates.


Bring on the solace

That I've worked so hard to gain

From the sifting and the searching

And from going against the grain.

Not a shield from other people

But a shield against the dark

A sheild to protect my loved ones

One to defend my heart.


Bring on the losses

That no person can avoid

That come with loving others

And having no ability to decide

The choices of your loved ones

And the paths that they will take.

They will help or they will hurt you:

It's often your heart that will break.


Bring on the joy

That everyone desires

The joy that I have looked for

The goal of many liars.

They will search and they will fail

Because they do not understand

That joy comes from being truthful

And living only by Love's hand.


Bring on the memories

That burn me from the past

That bring sadness

That bring happiness

And reconciliation at last.


No comments:

Post a Comment