Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Break

Eventually we break. 
I'm breaking
Into thousands of directionless pieces
Not neatly like these lines
Not in a way that is traceble like glass
Just broken out and into space
And then collapsing in again and then I feel it burning
Directionless
Hopeless
Yearning
Held together with packing tape for a long
Long time
The heat of question marks buzzing inside
Colliding and filling the space tucked so tightly
Until finally I break again
Wide open
Tape flying
The thousand pieces gone and confused
Raging to ruin the modicum of a life 
Everything I built
From the bottom up, tear it apart
Ruin it all
Broken
Then flown back together to rebuild this heat
Never forgetting breaks past
A need to press on 
Warring
Always
With the need to ruin and destroy
Battling to the early end 
Of me
The beasts pressing and stretching my heart apart
Never to be tamed together
Never to be torn asunder
Only battling ever on
At least until I break forever
Broken there
On the floor
In the water
In the void
In the deserts of sand or snow
Deep within the cycling earth
Forever until I'm truly broken
Like a doll forgotten and discarded
Lying there upon the floor
They hiss and roar
And I break.

No comments:

Post a Comment